If you’re unfortunate enough to have your car sprayed by a skunk you’re probably wondering how long the odor will last. Unfortunately it may take weeks or even months to completely get rid of the stench.
Here are a few things you can do to try to speed up the process:
1. Air out your car as much as possible. Park it in a garage or in the sun to help the smell dissipate.
2. Clean the affected areas with a mixture of baking soda and water. This will help to neutralize the odor.
3. Shampoo your car’s upholstery and carpet. This will help to remove any lingering odor.
4. Place bowls of vinegar or coffee grounds in your car. These will help to absorb the odor.
5. Purchase a commercial skunk odor remover from your local hardware store.
With a little time and effort you should be able to get rid of the skunk smell from your car.
How long does it take for a skunk’s smell to dissipate?
Answer 1: The smell usually takes about 2-4 weeks to go away.