If your Subaru Legacy is anything like mine the battery is located in the trunk. This can make changing the battery a little more difficult but it is still a relatively easy process. Here are the steps you need to follow to change the battery in your Subaru Legacy:
1. Open the trunk and locate the battery. It is usually located near the back of the trunk on the driver’s side.
2. Disconnect the negative battery terminal first. To do this loosen the bolt with a wrench and then disconnect the cable.
3. Disconnect the positive battery terminal next. Again loosen the bolt with a wrench and then disconnect the cable.
4. Remove the old battery from the vehicle. You may need to use a battery tray or similar tool to lift it out of the trunk.
5. Install the new battery in the vehicle. Make sure that it is properly secured in the tray or holding device.
6. Reconnect the positive battery terminal. First connect the cable and then tighten the bolt.
7. Reconnect the negative battery terminal. First connect the cable and then tighten the bolt.
8. Close the trunk and test the new battery. Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes to make sure that the battery is working properly.
Changing the battery in your Subaru Legacy is a relatively easy process. Just be sure to take caution when working with the battery terminals. If you have any questions or concerns be sure to consult with a professional mechanic.
Table of Contents
How do you safely disconnect a car battery?
You should always disconnect the negative terminal first and then the positive terminal.
How do you safely remove a car battery?
First disconnect the battery terminals.
Second remove any bolts or other fasteners holding the battery in place.
Third lift the battery out of the vehicle.
How do you clean a car battery terminal?
Use a wire brush to remove any corrosion from the battery terminals.
How do you install a car battery?
Place the battery in the battery tray and secure it with the bolts or other fasteners.
Then attach the terminals to the battery.
What are some signs that a car battery needs to be replaced?
A car battery needs to be replaced when it is no longer holding a charge when it is leaking or when it is physically damaged.
How often should a car battery be replaced?
A car battery should be replaced every 3-5 years.
How do you know if a car battery is bad?
A car battery is considered bad if it will no longer hold a charge or if it is leaking.
What are some car battery maintenance tips?
Check the battery terminals regularly for corrosion.
Keep the battery clean and dry.
Avoid extreme temperatures.
What should you do if a car battery is leaking?
If a car battery is leaking it needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
What should you do if a car battery is damaged?
If a car battery is damaged it needs to be replaced.
How can you prolong the life of a car battery?
You can prolong the life of a car battery by regularly checking the terminals for corrosion keeping the battery clean and dry and avoiding extreme temperatures.
What is the warranty on a car battery?
Most car batteries come with a 3-year warranty.
Can a car battery be repaired?
In most cases car batteries cannot be repaired and need to be replaced.
What do you do with a old car battery?
You can recycle a car battery at most auto parts stores.
How much does a new car battery cost?
Car batteries typically cost between $50 and $100.