If your car has plastic trim there’s no need to be too careful when cleaning it – just a wipe with a cloth should do the job. But if it’s scratched you’ll need to take more care.
To fix scratches on plastic car trim:
1. Start by cleaning the area around the scratch. This will help to make the repair less noticeable.
2. Use a fine abrasive paper to sand down the area around the scratch.
3. Apply a plastic filler to the scratch using a putty knife.
4. Once the filler has dried sand it down until it’s flush with the surrounding area.
5. Apply a coat of primer followed by a coat of paint that matches the original color of the trim.
6. Allow the paint to dry then apply a clearcoat to protect it.
How do you fix a scratch on plastic car trim?
You can fix a scratch on plastic car trim by using a rubbing compound and polishing it out.