New car smell is the result of many different chemicals off-gassing from the materials inside your vehicle. These chemicals can be toxic and can cause headaches nausea and other health problems. The good news is that there are a few simple things you can do to remove new car smell from your vehicle.
1. Start by opening up all the windows and doors to air out the car. This will allow the fumes to escape and will help to dissipate the new car smell.
2. If you have a garage park your car in there with the doors and windows open. This will help to contain the fumes and will make the process of airing out the car go faster.
3. You can also try using a car freshner or car scent eliminator to help get rid of the new car smell. These products work by trapping the fumes and helping to neutralize the odor.
4. Another option is to use baking soda. Baking soda is a natural absorbent and will help to soak up the smells. Just sprinkle some baking soda on the floor mats and seats and let it sit for a few hours. Then vacuum it up and the baking soda will take the new car smell with it.
5. Finally if you can’t seem to get rid of the new car smell you may want to consider having the car professionally detailed. This process will deep clean the car and get rid of any lingering smells.
Table of Contents
Is there a way to remove the new car smell?
There are a few ways to remove the new car smell such as using an odor eliminator or opening the windows to air the car out.
What causes the new car smell?
The new car smell is caused by the off-gassing of materials used in the car’s interior such as the upholstery carpet and plastics.
Is the new car smell harmful?
While the new car smell is not harmful it can be a sign that the car has high levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
How long does the new car smell last?
The new car smell typically lasts for a few weeks but it can linger for months.
How can I make my car smell good?
You can make your car smell good by using car air fresheners or by simply opening the windows to air it out.
What is the best way to remove the new car smell?
The best way to remove the new car smell is to use an odor eliminator.
How often should I air out my car?
You should air out your car at least once a week.
Is it bad to drive with the windows down?
Driving with the windows down is not bad and can actually help to remove the new car smell.
How long should I drive with the windows down?
You should drive with the windows down for at least 15 minutes.
What is an odor eliminator?
An odor eliminator is a product that is used to remove smells such as the new car smell.
How does an odor eliminator work?
An odor eliminator works by trapping the molecules that cause the smell and then neutralizing them.
Do all odor eliminators work the same?
No not all odor eliminators work the same.
Some are more effective than others.
What are some of the best odor eliminators?
Some of the best odor eliminators are those that contain activated charcoal such as the Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag.
How long do I need to use an odor eliminator?
You need to use an odor eliminator until the new car smell is gone.
Can I make my own odor eliminator?
Yes you can make your own odor eliminator by filling a bag with activated charcoal.