According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau there were 721053 vehicle thefts in 2018 and the average cost of a stolen vehicle was $7580.
While the rate of vehicle theft has been declining since the early 1990s it’s still a significant problem and knowing how to prevent your car from being stolen is important.
Here are some tips on how to steal a car:
1. Choose your target carefully. Look for an opportunity where the car will be unattended for a significant period of time such as overnight in a parking garage or lot.
2. Have the right tools. You’ll need a set of good quality lock picking tools as well as a Slim Jim or other tool for opening locked doors.
3. case the target. Before attempting to steal the car spend some time observing it and the surrounding area looking for any security measures that might present a challenge.
4. disable the alarm. Many newer cars have alarms that will sound if the door is opened or the engine is started without the key. You’ll need to have a way to disable the alarm before proceeding.
5. hotwire the car. Once you’re inside the car you’ll need to hotwire it in order to start the engine. This can be done by bypassing the ignition switch or by bypassing the Starter Interrupt Relay.
6. drive off. Once the car is started you can simply drive away. If you’re being followed by a security guard or police officer you may need to take evasive action to lose them.
With these tips in mind stealing a car can be relatively easy if you take the time to prepare and choose your target carefully. However it’s important to remember that vehicle theft is a serious crime and can result in significant legal penalties if you’re caught.
How to hotwire a car?
Answer 1: You’ll need to locate the ignition wires and bypass the ignition switch.
How to pick a lock on a car?
Answer 2: You’ll need a Slim Jim or a lock pick.
How to break into a car?
Answer 3: You can use a rock a screwdriver or a hammer to break the glass.
How to disable a car alarm?
Answer 4: You can use a wire hanger to short out the alarm.
How to steal a car?
Answer 5: You can use a Slim Jim or a lock pick to open the door or break the window and hotwire the car.
How to find a stolen car?
Answer 6: You can check with the police department or use a GPS tracker.
How to get a car with no money?
Answer 7: You can find a car that’s been abandoned or stolen or ask someone for a loan.
How to get a car with bad credit?
Answer 8: You can buy a car from a private seller or get a car loan from a credit union.
How to get a car with no down payment?
Answer 9: You can get a car with no down payment by leasing a car or getting a car loan.
How to get a new car?
Answer 10: You can buy a new car or lease a car.
How to get a used car?
Answer 11: You can buy a used car from a dealer or a private seller.
How to get a cheap car?
Answer 12: You can buy a used car or find a car that’s been abandoned or stolen.
How to get a luxury car?
Answer 13: You can buy a luxury car or lease a car.
How to get a fast car?
Answer 14: You can buy a fast car or find a car that’s been abandoned or stolen.
How to get a free car?
Answer 15: You can find a car that’s been abandoned or stolen.