There are a number of things that can fail a car inspection in North Carolina. Some of the most common things are listed below.
1. Exhaust system – The exhaust system must be in good repair and free from leaks.
2. Tires – Tires must have a minimum tread depth of 2/32 of an inch.
3. Brakes – All brakes must be in good working order.
4. Lights – All lights including headlights taillights and turn signals must be in good working order.
5. Windshield – The windshield must be free from cracks or other damage.
6. Mirrors – Mirrors must be in good working order.
7. Seat belts – All seat belts must be in good working order.
8. horn – The horn must be in good working order.
9. Emissions – Vehicles must pass an emissions test.
10. Weight – Vehicles must not exceed the maximum allowable weight for the vehicle class.
If any of the above items are not in compliance the vehicle will fail inspection.
Check engine light is on
Failed emissions test
Headlights are dim
Turn signals are not working
Brake lights are not working
Tires are bald
Window tint is too dark
Suspension is lowered too much
Too much noise coming from the car
Missing front license plate
Missing back license plate