Why Can’T You Touch A Car Headlight Bulb

You know those “Do Not Touch” signs you see at museums? The same goes for car headlight bulbs – you shouldn’t touch them either! Here’s why:

1. It’s not just about the grease.

Your skin is covered in natural oils and sweat which can leave behind a residue on the headlight bulb. This residue can cause the bulb to overheat and even shatter.

2. You could break the seal.

The headlight bulb is sealed with a thin layer of glass. If you touch it you could break that seal and allow moisture and dirt to get inside. Once that happens the bulb won’t work as well and will need to be replaced sooner.

3. You could damage the filament.

When you touch a headlight bulb you could also damage the delicate filament inside. This is what makes the lightbulb work so if it’s damaged the bulb won’t be as bright.

4. It’s just not necessary.

You don’t need to touch the headlight bulb to install it. In fact it’s best to not touch it at all. There are special tools that can be used to handle the bulbs without damaging them.

If you’re still not convinced just think about this – would you rather pay a few extra dollars for a new headlight bulb or risk damaging the one you have? We thought so.

Why can’t you touch a car headlight bulb?

The oil from your fingers can cause the bulb to overheat and break.

Why is it important to not touch a car headlight bulb?

Answer: Touching a car headlight bulb can shorten its lifespan.

Leave a Comment